Last versions of theme SimplePuzzle come with auto-updater which allows to update theme just in one click!
It was embedded with version 1.1.0. Therefore, in order to start updating, firstly, you need to find out installed version of your theme and then update in automatic or manual mode (for versions lower than 1.1.0).
To find out theme version go to menu Appearance →Themes, click on picture with theme name and check number which is near name and description.
Autoupdate (for versions 1.1.0 and higher)
To update you need the following:
- Go to WordPress admin panel.
- Topmost tab – Console, choose in it — Updates.
- At bottom of page in section “Themes” you can see whether your theme needs updating.
- Opposite themes which you want to update check off and click “Update theme”. As a rule, update takes place fast enough. You don’t need to gain patience as WordPress developers advise…
- If you see something that is shown on screenshot — you’ve done it. Update procedure is finished.
Manual Update (for version lower than 1.1.0)
Before updating we strongly recommend you to make backup copy of database and website files.
To update manually you need:
- Go to menu Appearance → Themes (do not forget to make backup beforehand).
- Choose and activate any theme out of available themes on site.
- Then you should delete old version of theme SimplePuzzle. To do this, click on preview to open window of detailed view information about theme.
- And click Delete in lower right-hand corner of page.
- After this follow standard installation procedure of new theme, having downloaded archive with new version beforehand.
- After successful installation, activate theme.
Update process is completed, congratulations!