Installation and use
Installation out of archive:
- In administrative console open Plugins menu → Add new.
- At the top of page to the right of name click on Upload new.
- Specify archive with plugin on computer by clicking Choose file. Then click on button.
- After installation click on link Activate plugin.
Use in text of article
In text editor place cursor on link and click on HideLinks
Use in text widget or text comment
- Add HTML code of ordinary link, for example:
<a href=”http://wp-puzzle.com/”>WP Puzzle Shop</a>
- Insert shortcode [link] before code link
- Insert shortcode [/link] after code link
- Check that closed link eventually matches example below:
[link]<a href=”http://wp-puzzle.com/”>WP Puzzle Shop</a>[/link]
After installing and activating plugin, hidden links look like ordinary ones. This moment can mislead and complicate work of plugin.
Check in sourse code
- On page, where there are hidden link or user comments, press keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+ U — new tab with source code opens.
- Now press Ctrl + F on keyboard — field for text searching appears. Enter phrase in it data-link and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Browser found in source code all matches with necessary phrase (it is present in hidden link). In search box to the right of entered phrase, inscription with number of found matches appears (i.e. hidden links), and near — arrows for transition to previous and next found fragment.
- If in found fragment after phrase data-link goes link address you have hidden (or site address commentator) — it means that plugin hides link.
Check with a help of browser extension
- Activate extension after installation and go to site page with hidden link or comments.
- Check hidden links — if they become ordinary text, it means plugin works.